At HPTA we like to call this our ‘wonder material’ because of its amazing mechanical properties and its various applications for the transport industry including bus, recreational vehicles, trucks, agricultural machinery and leisure vehicle parts. Traditionally many of these components were made using fibreglass but using ECP coupled with HPTA’s vacuum forming processes it will become immediately obvious why ECP is as amazing as we say it is. Some of the key benefits of ECP include:
- Extreme ductility because rubber makes up part of ECP’s molecular structure. In most incidents where reasonable force is applied to an ECP component it is able to be popped back out into shape. This can save a lot of time and money with repair work.
- When force is exerted onto ECP, unlike fibreglass, the material doesn’t shatter and leave often sharp fragments over a road or surface.
- ECP reduces unwanted rattles and squeaks making it great for interior/cabin panels.
- ECP is extremely light which can have considerable improvements to your vehicles fuel economy making it perfect for exterior panels of heavy vehicles.
- ECP is UV resistant and it has an automotive grade finish that is most highly sought after by customers and end users alike.
- Most importantly ECP is affordable!
Utilising the high quality scalable Australian manufacturing of HPTA you can be assured you will get your ECP components far quicker, cheaper and dimensionally consistent than fibreglassing.